Fox28 is airing a number of specials this summer, starting with Rihanna 777 on Monday, May 6th at 8pm. In honor of her seventh studio album, Unapologetic, the singer went on a seven day, seven country tour. The seven-time Grammy winner performed seven shows (and yes, that is a lot of sevens if you are counting), traveling from place to place on a 777 and accompanied by 256 (not 777 as you might have expected) fans and journalists.
The Rihanna 777 tour began in November 2012 and included stops in Mexico City, Toronto, Stockholm, Paris, Berlin, London, and New York City. While not showing an entire concert show, this behind-the-scenes special from Fenty Films in conjunction with Love Live and Granite Creative promises to show all of the drama and excitement of putting on a major musical production such as the 777 Tour.
On Sunday August 11th teenagers take over the station from 8-10pm to share all of their favorite films, music, TV shows, and stars with the Teen Choice Awards. This live special comes straight from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles and is seeing its 15th year. Dozens of awards, in the shape of a surfboard, are handed out in categories including Choice Hottie, Choice TV Villian, Choice Movie Liplock, Choice Break-up Song, Choice Twit, Choice Athlete, and even Choice Web Star. Special awards such as the Acuvue Inspire Award, Ultimate Choice Award, and Courage Award have also been presented in the past.
While the full line up of celebrity attendees and presenters hasn’t been announced yet, in previous years stars such as Shaun White, Zooey Deschanel, Kevin Hart, and Lea Michele have taken the stage. Musical performers have included No Doubt, Justin Bieber, and Flo Rida. It has also not been announced just yet who will be serving hosting duties, though some years there was no host at all and some have included multiple people filling the role. As the date of the Teen Choice Awards grows closer more information will be revealed, so check back for an update in the next few weeks. If nothing else it promises to be a totes good time.
Come back Wednesdays (usually) for programming updates, alerts, and special announcements!
Post new comment
Recent blog posts
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Nineteen: Where Chocolate Becomes a Wonderfall, Geek Girls Meet, and I Play on the Radio
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Eighteen: Where I Hate Snow, Stuff My Face with Tacos, and Ponder Pretty Science Fiction
- Special Feature! - Get Involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Special Feature! - Get Involved with Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Seventeen: Where I Turn Another Year Older, Try to Steal a Dragon, and Pet a Giant Tortoise
- Get Ready for Some Schedule Changes - Programming on FOX28!
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Sixteen: Where I Go on Hiatus, Family Invades Spokane, and Nothing Goes as Planned
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fifteen: Where a Donut Tries to Kill Me, I Eat to Stop the Pain, and Sharks Fall from the Sky
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fourteen: Where I Actually Find Snakes, See Giant Robots vs Giant Monsters, and Drink Lots of Wine
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Thirteen: Searching for Creatures, Laughing It Up Live, and Dune Disappointment