Wondering what to do in and around Spokane this weekend? Well wonder no longer, as we’ve got a whole list of interesting events to check out (many of them starting with the letter ‘m,’ hence the incredibly clever title to this blog post).
Don’t feel like hanging outdoors, even if the temperatures are attempting to reach Spring-like highs? Well lucky for you there are plenty of new films opening today that you can head over to the local theaters to check out. Call stars Halle Berry as a 911 operator who finds herself pulled into an intense game of cat-and-mouse with a serial killer. It’s playing at AMC Riverpark Square, Regals Northtown and Spokane Valley, and Village Center Cinemas in Airway Heights. Looking for something with a bit more humor and a bit less thrilling intensity? The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, starring Steve Carell as a washed-up magician (or is it illusionist?), Jim Carrey, and Steve Buscemi also opens this week and plays at the same theaters. If you are looking for something the whole family can enjoy, you can check out Oz the Great and Powerful. Technically it started last week, but we won’t hold that against it. Oz plays in both regular and 3D (at Regal Northtown).
If the movies aren’t doing it for you, or if you’re feeling like you need a little more education in your entertainment, you can head over to the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture to check out their currently running exhibits. David Douglas, a naturalist from the early 1800s, traveled around the Columbia River collecting plants and animals and assorted things. You can check out his work in the David Douglas: A Naturalist at Work exhibit. Interested in learning more about Spokane architecture from 1948 to 1973 (wow you have a really specific hobby)? Take some time to wander through SPOMa: Spokane Modern Architecture. You’ll see work by architects who helped influence the way Spokane looks today. The museum is open Friday, Saturday and (as of just recently) Sunday.
Spring is coming and we all know what that means – it’s time to get the motorcycles out and start riding! Okay, it may not mean that for everyone, but if you are one of those that can’t get enough of them, you are in luck. The Inland Northwest Motorcycle Show is taking place March 15th (that’s today!) through 17th (that’s Sunday) at the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center. Dozens of exhibitors will be there to show off their goods, including Allsport Honda Polaris Yamaha, Empire Cycle and PowerSports, Lone Wolf Harley Davidson, and Westside MotorSports.
To round off your weekend, you can listen to some acoustic guitar at the Bing Crosby Theater when Leo Kottke takes the stage Sunday night at 7:30pm. The Grammy-award nominated musician will be playing be playing selections from throughout his body of work (that includes 30 albums) on both six and twelve-string guitars. Tickets are still available for the show and can be purchased online.
Come back every Friday to find out what is going on in and around Spokane! Know of something exciting coming up that everyone needs to check out? Alert us on Twitter at @MyFoxSpokane
Post new comment
Recent blog posts
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Nineteen: Where Chocolate Becomes a Wonderfall, Geek Girls Meet, and I Play on the Radio
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Eighteen: Where I Hate Snow, Stuff My Face with Tacos, and Ponder Pretty Science Fiction
- Special Feature! - Get Involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Special Feature! - Get Involved with Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Seventeen: Where I Turn Another Year Older, Try to Steal a Dragon, and Pet a Giant Tortoise
- Get Ready for Some Schedule Changes - Programming on FOX28!
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Sixteen: Where I Go on Hiatus, Family Invades Spokane, and Nothing Goes as Planned
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fifteen: Where a Donut Tries to Kill Me, I Eat to Stop the Pain, and Sharks Fall from the Sky
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fourteen: Where I Actually Find Snakes, See Giant Robots vs Giant Monsters, and Drink Lots of Wine
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Thirteen: Searching for Creatures, Laughing It Up Live, and Dune Disappointment