As another weekend approaches it is time to see what good ol’ Spokane has to offer in the way of activities, entertainment, and events. While not quite as alliterative this week as I managed last Friday, I’ll think you’ll still be able to find something to interest you in these local offerings.
Love classic rock n roll? Well head on over to the Bing Crosby Theater Friday (3/22) night for a showing of Led Zepplin: Celebration Day. Filmed in December of 2007, this tribute concert for Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun took place at London’s O2 Arena. Original band members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant were all in attendance, along with Jason Bonham. Tickets for the showing at the Bing are $4 each and you can see the film at 5:30pm, 8pm, or midnight.
Easter is coming. Why not share the occasion with your favorite canine pal? This Saturday (3/23), you and your dog are welcome to participate in the Spokanimal Doggy Egg-Stravaganza at Spokanimal’s Dog Park. Special Easter eggs have been hidden around the park and with a $10 donation your furry friend can hunt those eggs down and earn special treats. Those interested can also have a picture taken with the Easter Bunny to commemorate the day. Hunts are at 10:30am and 12:30pm, and all donations benefit the dog park.
On Sunday (3/24) you can wrap up your weekend with some drinks, some friends, and some live poetry reading at Danger! Live Writers taking place at Jones Radiator. Beginning at 7pm, four featured poets will read from their own original works for around ten minutes each. This is a great time to see what the local literary/arts/ poetry community has to offer and get to know members of that community.
Come back every Friday to find out what is going on in and around Spokane! Know of something exciting coming up that everyone needs to check out? Alert us on Twitter at @MyFoxSpokane or leave us comments below!
Post new comment
Recent blog posts
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Nineteen: Where Chocolate Becomes a Wonderfall, Geek Girls Meet, and I Play on the Radio
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Eighteen: Where I Hate Snow, Stuff My Face with Tacos, and Ponder Pretty Science Fiction
- Special Feature! - Get Involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Special Feature! - Get Involved with Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Seventeen: Where I Turn Another Year Older, Try to Steal a Dragon, and Pet a Giant Tortoise
- Get Ready for Some Schedule Changes - Programming on FOX28!
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Sixteen: Where I Go on Hiatus, Family Invades Spokane, and Nothing Goes as Planned
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fifteen: Where a Donut Tries to Kill Me, I Eat to Stop the Pain, and Sharks Fall from the Sky
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fourteen: Where I Actually Find Snakes, See Giant Robots vs Giant Monsters, and Drink Lots of Wine
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Thirteen: Searching for Creatures, Laughing It Up Live, and Dune Disappointment