By The Associated Press
Vacationers need to remember more than their bathing suits and flip-flops when packing for their summer trip.
The American College of Emergency Physicians offers several suggestions to help any traveler build a first aid kit for an upcoming vacation or road trip. Here are some of the highlights:
- antacid tablets
- antibiotic ointment
- antiseptic wipes: To clean hands, wounds or equipment, such as a thermometer
- aspirin: Have at least two tablets available at all times in case someone has a heart attack
- bandages to cover minor cuts and scrapes
- cold pack to reduce swelling from an injury
- first-aid manual
- personal medications: Bring enough for your trip and at least two or three extra days
- thermometer, with carrying case
- tweezers: To remove splinters, bee stingers or ticks from the skin
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.