By Sadie Gennis,
She's just being Miley.
That seems the theme of the singer's new interview with Rolling Stone, which chronicles Cyrus getting tattoos, jumping out of a plane and partying all night by drinking Malibu.
Interspersed within the adventures, Cyrus, 20, shares insights on everything from Justin Bieber, the Video Music Awards controversy and her penchant for nudity. While some of these anecdotes are wildly amusing (you'll never guess which actor got a tattoo in her honor), others are slightly disturbing, especially when it comes to one of her childhood chores for her father.
Check out the 12 highlights below.
1. Stephen Baldwin has a Hannah Montana tattoo: "People get tattoos of the most f---ed-up sh--," Cyrus told the magazine, while getting "Rolling $tone" tattooed on her feet. "Did you know Alec Baldwin has Hannah Montana's initials tattooed on him? No, wait — Stephen Baldwin. He said he was my biggest fan, and I told him my biggest fans have tattoos. So he got me tattooed on his shoulder. People do f---ed-up sh--."
2. She thought Bob Hope's widow was a ghost: While Cyrus never met the legendary entertainer, who lived in the house behind hers, she did meet his widow before she passed away in 2011: "She was party-rocking till the end! Sometimes I'd walk by and see all these people in there dressed up like old-time flappers. I was like, 'Is this real — or are you guys all ghosts?"
3. Steve Carell is not a MiCy fan: "He always gives me the stank-eye because I drive so fast," Cyrus said of her neighbor. "The other day I was trying to reverse and I almost hit a thousand things, and I was getting nervous because I could see him going" [she crossed her arms and sighed] "I'm like, oh, my God, Dan in Real Life is watching me right now!"
4. Her VMAs performance could have been worse: "Honestly, that was our MTV version," she said. "We could have even gone further, but we didn't. I thought that's what the VMAs were all about! It's not the Grammys or the Oscars. You're not supposed to show up in a gown, Vanna White-style," a comment Rolling Stone interprets as a Taylor Swift insult.
5. Even she didn't think her VMAs performance was sexy: "I wasn't trying to be sexy," she explained. "If I was trying to be sexy, I could have been sexy. I can dance a lot better than I was dancing." Regarding her stubby pigtails and very visible tongue, Cyrus said, "I look like a little creature."
6. Twerking is soo over: "People are like, 'Miley thinks she's a black girl, but she's got the flattest ass ever," she said. "I'm like, I'm 108 pounds! I know! Now people expect me to come out and twerk with my tongue out all the time. I'll probably never do that sh-- again."
7. She thinks we're almost in a post-racial society: "I'm from one of the wealthiest counties in America," Cyrus said. "I know what I am. But I also know what I like to listen to. Look at any 20-year-old white girl right now — that's what they're listening to at the club. It's 2013. The gays are getting married, we're all collaborating. I would never think about the color of my dancers, like, 'Ooh, that might be controversial.' What do you mean?" she said. "Times are changing. I think there's a generation or two left, and then it's gonna be a whole new world."
8. She thinks Justin Bieber acts like a 12-year-old Vanilla Ice: "I'm not much older than him, so I never want it to feel like I'm mentoring him. But I do mentor him in a way. Because I've been doing this sh-- for a long time, and I already transitioned, and I don't think he's quite done it yet," Cyrus explained. "He's trying really hard. People don't take him seriously, but he really can play the drums, he really can play guitar, he really can sing. I just don't want to see him f--- that up, to where people think he's Vanilla Ice. I tell him that. Like, 'You don't want to become a joke. When you go out, don't start sh--. Don't come in shirtless.' But the thing is, I think boys are, like, seven years behind. So in his head, he's really, like, 12."
9. She loved being naked long before "Wrecking Ball": When discussing her childhood, Cyrus said, "I'm still kind of a semi-nudist, because I never had clothes on."
10. Billy Ray paid her to collect groupies' underwear growing up: After a concert, young Miley would run around onstage and pick up the bras and underwear fans had thrown at her father for $10. "I'd get a really big one and be like, 'Dad! I found your biggest fan!" she recalled.
11. Tish Cyrus is an amazingly embarrassing mother: "When we were getting ready for the VMAs, I was about to put on my teddy-bear costume and she's like, 'Sweet girl, do you need to potty before you put your costume on?' I'm like, 'Mom! Kanye [West] is standing right here!"
12. Skydiving proved that she and ex-fiance Liam Hemsworth were not MFEO: Immediately after jumping out of the plane, Cyrus called her mom, telling the reporter, "One thing about skydiving, you really know who you love, based on who you call." When asked if she had spoken to Hemsworth yet, Miley exclaimed "Oh, sh--!" and took out her phone.
Check out Cyrus' full interview here.
Other Links From TVGuide.com