By The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times EDT):
1. ISLAMIST CLAIMS A WIN IN EGYPT'S PRESIDENTIAL RACE
But there may still be some confrontation with the country's military as generals give themselves sweeping authority under martial law.
2. GROUP OF 20 FOCUSES ON THE EUROPEAN FISCAL CRISIS
As the leaders begin the summit at 5 p.m., the fate of Greece as part of the eurozone is expected to be a key point of discussion.
3. MILITANTS ATTACK ISRAEL FROM EGYPT
The incident underscores the growing lawlessness in the Sinai desert since longtime Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was toppled from power.
4. WEBB SIMPSON WINS THE US OPEN
Four birdies in a five-hole stretch help the North Carolina native nab his first major championship.
5. PROBE LOOKS INTO WHY RODNEY KING DIED IN HIS SWIMMING POOL
An autopsy being conducted early this week is part of the investigation into the death of the man whose videotaped beating by police sparked one of the nation's worst race riots.
6. SANDUSKY'S DEFENSE TEAM PRESENTS ITS CASE THIS WEEK
As the prosecution is expected to rest today, lawyers for the former assistant football coach for Penn State argue their case after the child sexual abuse trial resumes at 9 a.m.
7. OBAMA AND PUTIN TURN TO EACH OTHER DURING SUMMIT
The leaders of Russia and the United States are both facing challenging times ahead, topics they are expected to share when they meet at 12:15 in Mexico.
8. IRAN SITS DOWN WITH SIX WORLD POWERS FOR NUCLEAR TALKS
While previous talks had stalled, there are hopes this morning's meeting will break deadlocked negotiations.
9. HOW ONE SYRIAN TOWN IS STILL HAUNTED BY A MASSACRE
Two months after Syrian forces killed 62 residents of Taftanaz about two-thirds of its 15,000 residents have left and most don't plan to return.
10. HEAT RALLY PAST THUNDER TO TAKE GAME 3
LeBron James scores 29 points and 14 rebounds to give Miami a 2-1 lead in the NBA finals.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.