By The Associated Press
Cable and satellite TV companies have begun releasing their earnings reports for the latest quarter. Here is a summary of earnings reports for selected companies and what they reveal about the industry's prospects.
- Oct. 18: Verizon Communications Inc. added 119,000 FiOS video customers in the third quarter to end with 4.6 million.
- Oct. 24: AT&T Inc. says it added 198,000 U-verse TV subscribers to reach 4.3 million.
- Oct. 26: Comcast Corp. says it lost 117,000 video subscribers in the quarter, leaving it with about 22 million. Video subscriber losses have slowed for eight quarters in a row, which the company said was due to better customer service and fewer in-person service calls. Analysts were expecting an average decline of 123,000.
- Monday: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Tuesday: Cablevision Systems Corp., DirecTV Group Inc., Dish Network Corp., Charter Communications Inc.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.